And The Best Freezers Are...
Freezers have long evolved from luxuries into household staples. It's easy to see why...
- These are the most hardworking appliances in our home as they are on duty 24/7/365, without a whimper. In fact, they are busiest when, ironically, we ourselves are taking a break...
- Celebrating birthdays of our loved ones, and the Federal Holidays such as New Year's Day, Martin Luther King Jr. Day, Presidents' Day, Memorial Day, Juneteenth, Independence, Labor Day, Columbus Day, Veterans Day, Thanksgiving Day and even Christmas Day.
- They keep food—a basic human need—fresh and safe to eat, helping to keep you and your family healthy, energetic and productive.
- Because of their large cold storage space, you save lots of money through bulk purchasing by taking full advantage of product promotions. Moreover, larger cuts of meat, such as quarter a cow or half a pig and free-range chickens cost a lot less than pre-packaged ones. These can then be jointed at home and stored in meal-size quantities. But that's not all...
- The generous cold storage space also helps you save time by shopping in bulk thereby reducing your trips to the grocery store.
- The cavernous freezer space is a huge time saver in another respect—you can harness the power of freezer meals, cooking just once a week or even once a month, saving your precious little time if you are a busy mom, family or student.
- You are able to stock up on your favorite fresh fruits and vegetables when these are in season and enjoy them all year round when they aren't available in your local grocery store. Brussels sprouts, anyone?
- This appliance is a great place to preserve pumped breastmilk for baby. The freezer is also perfect for storing your surplus food instead of letting it go to waste, together with the time, money and effort spent on it.
- Freezers create a stress-free entertainment experience, enabling you to toss up a surprise, five-star dinner treat without pulling your hair out. Or hosting neighbors and friends on the spur of the moment.
But Which Freezer Is Right For You?
The quick answer is that it depends. On your specific needs and preferences.
Back in the day, freezers were perceived as nearly identical, white, bland cuboids.
Some factors to consider when choosing a freezer include:
- Space. Floor or counter space that you have available for the appliance as it will ultimately determine whether you invest in a small, under-counter model or a large stand-alone unit.
- How much food you need to store. If you have a large family or like to stock up on groceries in bulk, a larger freezer may be a better choice.
- Home or commercial use? While home freezer models are a common sight in many homes with the brands being easily recognizable, commercial freezers are at the heart of the operations of well; commercial establishments including restaurants, supermarkets, and convenience stores. These commercial models are designed to store large quantities of frozen goods and robustly built to withstand constant opening and closing without breaking apart or batting an eyelid when it comes to maintaining the set temperature.
- The popular home freezer brands in USA include Frigidaire, GE, LG, Whirlpool, Kenmore, Bosch, Amana, Maytag, KitchenAid, Danby, Woods, Haier and Avanti. Some of the bestselling commercial freezer brands are True, Turbo Air and Summit.
- Type or configuration. Basically, there are two main types of freezer: chest (deep) and upright. Chest (deep) freezers are typically more energy efficient and have a larger storage capacity, but they can be more difficult to organize and access items at the bottom. Upright freezers are more convenient for everyday use, as the items are easily accessible, but they may not be as energy efficient.
- Energy efficiency. This is an important consideration as freezers can consume a significant amount of energy because they're on duty 24/7. It is well worth scrutinizing the long list freezers' energy ratings and the estimated yearly energy cost before making your pick.
- Color. The color freezer you finally settle on may be influenced by your personal preference or the interior design of your kitchen or store. So what must it be? White? Black? Silver? Mirror? Gold? Rose gold? Red? Camouflage? An inimitable, bespoke hex color code? If it is not a freezer unless it matches your personal preference, this will have a huge influence on your final choice.
- Additional features. These include as frost-free or self-defrosting capabilities, automatic ice makers and digital controls. While these are obviously make the freezer more convenient, they also translate into a higher energy cost. So, if energy cost is important to you or you are concerned about the state of our country's and world's environment, you may want to weigh the pros and cons of these features.
- Portability. Portable freezers are perfect if you have limited space in your home, if you're big on outdoor activities such as camping, fishing, and hunting as they can keep your food and drinks frozen while you're away from home. Portable freezers are also handy for temporary use, such as during the holiday season or when hosting a party after which they can be stowed away. These units are also great for business use: mobile food trucks, concessions, and other business that require frozen food storage on the go.
- Your budget. Prices can vary greatly depending on the brand, size, type, and features of the unit. A higher price doesn't always mean higher quality so read our independent reviews to get a sense of the performance and reliability of different models. That way, you'll get the best value for your money.
There are now several types, models, specifications, sizes, configurations, energy efficiency specifications, aesthetics and even brands on the market catering to each of the above tastes.
So you are bound to be spoiled for choice. Yet, precisely because of this, deciding on which freezer brand and model to invest in can be nerve-racking.
This maze of information available out there would leave any consumer confused and understandably, frustrated.
To compound this, you could end up making a bad decision and getting stuck for decades with a unit which simply doesn't meet your needs.
Although all freezers should—and most—keep food frozen, different types, models and brands record an incredible performance range under both normal and sub-optimal circumstances.
In addition, price doesn't always equal quality and budget appliances can, in fact, outperform pricier models.
objective reviews of the features, versatility, and pros and cons of
each home, commercial, portable and medical freezer model worth reviewing will dramatically shorten your learning curve.
will also save you a lot of time and money by presenting all the
information you need in a concise and convenient one-stop-shop format.
But that’s not all…
The Frosting On The Cake?
So, here is the range of information you can expect to find here:
- Alerts on models that are currently receiving rave reviews.
- Deals on sales.
- The breadth of accessories available on the market such as storage containers, alarms, vacuum bags, breast milk bags, door gaskets, mugs, bowls, tape, lock and paper.
- Recipes for scrumptious jam and ice cream flavors as well as meals, which are fast becoming a necessity in our increasingly busy world.
- We’ll take the guesswork out of making the right investment decisions.
So take a look around this site dedicated to all things freezer. We've thawed away all the confusing technical jargon so that you can find what you are looking for quickly.
And as you will see, selecting the right freezer brand, model and accessories can be easier—and cheaper—than you think!
Enjoyed this page? Please pay it forward. Here's how...
Would you prefer to share this page with others by linking to it?
- Click on the HTML link code below.
- Copy and paste it, adding a note of your own, into your blog, a Web page, forums, a blog comment,
your Facebook account, or anywhere that someone would find this page valuable.
New! CommentsHave your say about what you just read! Please leave a comment in the box below and get published.